Saturday, February 18, 2006

Third is worst, your backside burst. (Or mine, rather.)

Anyways, posting here just for fun.

Really don't see the point of having this blog, so I shall MAKE a point!

Its gonna make me look superly serious and boring.. But just hang on till the end of the list!

Here's what we've to observe (I took all these down from all the rehearsals :D):
- Don't shuffle your feet.
- Don't keep transferring your weight from one foot to the other.
- Be confident.
- Make the audience relate to you. Engage the audience in the play (not literally).
- Tell a story, share it.
- Don't get carried away, be in control of your words.
- Be aware of positions and blockings.
- Be in the scene. React, emote your words.
- Express yourself clearly.
- Make sure your lines don't sound rehearsed. Every rehearsal/performance is new. "You've NEVER done it before in your entire life."
- Pay attention to entrances and exits.
- Be aware of misintepretation of text. Understand your lines.
- Understand others' lines.
- Find motivations for your lines and/or actions.
- Make everything you do matter and contribute to the play.
- Be articulate and project your voice. (..If you need help with projection, ask me.)
- Play with heights.
- Don't rush through the words.

Another thing.. There's something called SELF-DISCIPLINE. Don't know how to? I don't know how to help you. Just go to www.google.com and search for tips on how to discipline yourself.

All I can say is: Know the limits of your fun. You -can- be serious and have fun at the same time.

And these two are the most important.. Through my own experience, and observing others. Its not that I don't do it, but I get a guilty conscience when I do any of these.
- Respect others.
- Respect yourself.

How?
1. Don't talk/whisper/yell/communicate with another person while others are acting.

My teacher once said this, and I found that it made perfect sense. "If Jesus was talking, and you were close by, would you speak?"

I don't care what your religion is at the moment, so don't say that because you don't believe in Jesus, this example isn't valid for you. And don't try to work your way around my words. I'm too lazy to make it foolproof now, and it means what it means in the simplest (or so I think) way (in my opinion).

Also, there's definitely something to learn from whatever they're doing.

This isn't a very simple feat, but we can make rehearsing slightly more pleasant, if not entirely.

2. More seriously.. DON'T use any electronic devices during rehearsals if possible. Especially when people're are rehearsing.

If you're not in the scene, and you're just watching the cast members perform, and you using your electronic device(s) doesn't affect anyone.. still DON'T use those electronic devices..

If you're IN the scene, even more so. DON'T use those electronic devices. No respect for yourself, and no respect for the other cast members, and no respect for the instructor.

This one.. Is far easier to accomplish. Simple discipline. The "basic-est" of the basics.

Understand? If you don't understand, ask me. Or anyone else who does.

- gissy (gisella, in case any of you didn't get it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home